Friday, August 19, 2016

Catch - up

I would love to say that Im going to go back and blog for the past year that I have missed. But we all know that those good intentions will be interrupted by LIFE! Our lives are so busy these days, and I love every second of it. Unfortunately it's made it difficult to keep up with logging our memories somewhere that I can look back on.

Over this past year, we have done a lot of growing up in our house! Crew is now 4 1/2, and still obsessed with the Polar Express. He has moved on a little bit from Thomas trains, and it may be close to time to get rid of the train table. But Gavin and Crew play Ninja Turtles, Super Heroes, and zoo animals constantly!

Crew still has a baby voice, and somewhat of a baby face, so he's still my baby. But he is also so thoughtful and loving. He's our snuggler. When he wakes up, he's never grumpy, he just wants to snuggle. He tells me how pretty I am, and how much he loves me CONSTANTLY. It is so so sweet. Listening is not really his thing, and his attention span is so short that Eric and I sometimes want to pull our hair out. But we are all working on our patience, so I guess we'll take the positive with the negative.

Gavin is our thinker, our schemer, and is constantly negotiating and listening. He's the opposite end of the spectrum on listening, because he listens so well that he never lets you forget anything! If you tell him that someday soon we'll go get him a toy, or some candy, or eat out for dinner, he asks 80 times a day til you do! If you tell him that in 2 weeks, when he has finished his chores on Thursday at 2pm, that you will take him to the park, he will be hitting us up at exactly 2pm that day!! It's crazy, but Im serious! He would rather watch REAL movies, than cartoons. He gets the plot lines for Marvel movies and Jurassic World, and stuff like that. He's not even scared when I am!

I remember when I was pregnant with Crew, and everyone knew how close they would be in age, people would tell me that "It would be hard for awhile, but they would be each other's best friend." And they were right. We are over the hump of two boys in diapers, no sleeping, standing up to eat dinner, and running around like a chicken with my head cut off. We now have two very sweet, very outgoing boys who love to play together, who like the same things, and who genuinely don't need me until they get hungry. It's kinda sad, but I know that means they are independent and self sufficient little men!











No comments:

Post a Comment